- What is the meaning of inebriated?
- What does Crabwise mean?
- What does looking at you sideways mean?
- What is a sideways glance?
- Is sideways a direction?
- Is sidewards a word?
- What adverb means an oblique glance?
- What is the opposite of sideways?
- What is the meaning of sideways?
- What is sideways drunk?
- When would a quick sideways glance be helpful?
- What is another word for sideways?
- What is the meaning of horizontal?
What is the meaning of inebriated?
: exhilarated or confused by or as if by alcohol : intoxicated..
What does Crabwise mean?
1 : sideways. 2 : in a sidling or cautiously indirect manner.
What does looking at you sideways mean?
definition: to look at someone in a doubtful or suspicious way. She looked at me sideways when I said I didn’t care if anyone remembered my birthday.
What is a sideways glance?
a glance directed to the side; an oblique or sideways look: a side-glance of displeasure at her interrupter.
Is sideways a direction?
Meaning of sideways in English. in a direction to the left or right, not forward or backward: The fence is leaning sideways.
Is sidewards a word?
& adj. Toward or at one side.
What adverb means an oblique glance?
adv with a side or oblique glance “did not quite turn all the way back but looked askance at me with her dark eyes”
What is the opposite of sideways?
The opposite of vertical, something horizontal is arranged sideways, like a person lying down. When you sleep (unless you’re a horse), your body is horizontal: horizontal things are parallel to the ground or running in the same direction as the horizon.
What is the meaning of sideways?
1 : from one side. 2 : with one side forward turn sideways. 3a : in a lateral direction or downward to one side hopped sideways slump sideways. b : askance look sideways at someone.
What is sideways drunk?
Extremely inebriated. He wasn’t just drunk, he was sideways. He was walking sideways. See more words with the same meaning: under the influence of alcohol, drunk.
When would a quick sideways glance be helpful?
133. If you need to change lane, first use your mirrors and if necessary take a quick sideways glance to make sure you will not force another road user to change course or speed. When it safe to do so, signal to indicate your intentions to other road users and when clear move over.
What is another word for sideways?
In this page you can discover 29 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for sideways, like: from the side, sidelong, indirectly, in the lateral direction, , oblique, alongside, askance, broadside, crabwise and lateral.
What is the meaning of horizontal?
Horizontal is the opposite of vertical. … Anything parallel to the horizon is called horizontal. As vertical is the opposite of horizontal, anything that makes a 90-degree angle (right angle) with the horizontal or the horizon is called vertical. So, the horizontal line is one that runs across from left to right.